I am sad to report that Dale White passed away on May 14th, 2015 at his home in Houston. He was 80.
Dale White was a long time member who was a Life Master with about 350 masterpoints. He played often at the Houston Bridge Studio.
A private memorial service is planned for a later date. In lieu of flowers the family requests tribute donations be made to Doctors Without Borders.
The obituary is here.
I'm also sad to report that Barbara Babbitt passed away Saturday, the 16th of May 2015, in Houston. She was a Gold Life Master with over 3,300 points. She was 75.
A memorial service will be held three o'clockTuesday, the 19th of May 2015, at Tallowood Baptist Church, 555 Tallowood Road, in Houston -
The obituary is here.
Results of the STaC can be seen here.
New Unit Officers, Board Member
Nancy Strohmer was elected as Unit President, Bob Armstrong as Unit Vice President, and Walter Freitag as Unit Secretary in the Unit Board meeting held Monday night, May 4th.
And the board appointed Dan Leightman to serve the remainder of Rhonda Bryant's term. Thanks to Rhonda, and welcome to Dan!
Best of luck and congratulations to all!
UNIT 174 Board of Directors Club Connection Program
The Board continued our program to connect with our Unit members and traveled to Clear Lake. The Clear Lake Duplicate Bridge Club is one of 3 full service clubs in UNIT 174 and has games everyday. They recently expanded into more space. They also have an active teaching program with ACBL Teacher of Year Dave Glandorf.
Beverley Cheatham, Nancy and Hans Strohmer, Chuck Ensor and Gary Hercules played bridge in the Clear Lake Duplicate Bridge club on Friday May 1. All had fun and good bridge.
Our next outing will be to Sugar Land on Tuesday June 2. Hope to see you there.
Bridge Club of Houston
- Opportunity for New Players at BCOH
- Starting May 12th BRIDGE+ game @10am Every Tuesday
- Sanctioned Game -- $5 Table Fee – 0 to 5 Masterpoints
- 30 Minute lesson by Julie Halperin, Certified Teacher @9:30am
- Nighttime Mentor/Mentee Game
- Monday evening, May 18th
- Daytime Mentor/Mentee Game
- Thursday, May 21st
- “8 is Enough” Swiss Teams
- Thursday, April 23rd
- 499r Tournament
- May 14th thru 17th
- Memorial “Hot Diggety Dog Day"
- Monday, May 25th
- Hot Dogs will be served at 11 am
- Bring Sides
- Game at 11:55 am
- Life Master Party for Chris Deane!
- Monday, June 15th.
- eal @11 and game @11:55
- LONGEST DAY ALZHEIMER FUND RAISER
- Monday June 22nd
- Details to follow.
Westside Bridge Academy
- New 0-10 Masterpoint game!
- Wednesday mornings at 10:30.
- Only $5.
- Over by 12:30!
- Relaxed duplicate, but gives masterpoints!.
- Life Master Party for Judy Earle!
- Thursday, May 21st @ 10:30
- The Longest Day Alzheimer's Fund Raiser
- Sunday and Monday, June 21st and 22nd.
- Save the day - lots of things are being planned!
- Details will follow.