December 9-15, 2013
January 27-February 2, 2014
February 16, 2014
You can see the overall STaC results by clicking here.
Grand National Teams
The Grand National Teams Unit qualifying event will be held at the Houston Bridge Studio on February 16, 2014.
This is one event where you can actually win some cash for doing well! For all the details, click on the GNT link under Coming Attractions.
One thing to highlight is that the upper masterpoint limit for A and B has been raised to 6,000 and 2,500 starting this year.
Also, the District level qualifying for A and C will be held at the Houston Election Sectional next April instead of in Dallas as has been the case in the past.
Get your teams together!
Several Unit teachers are starting new classes in the new year.
- Norm Gautier will be teaching Two over One at the Bridge Club of Houston. For a printable flyer, click here.
- Shawn Quinn will be having a Skills Building Workshop covering No Trump bidding. The class will include play hands and will be held at the Houston Bridge Studio. .For a printable flyer, click here.
- Joan Torrance will be contiinuing her Bridge Basics Series with a Bridge Basics 2 Class, using the Audrey Grant books, at the Bridge Club of Houston. For a printable flyer, click here.
You can see a list of Unit teachers and their information by clicking on Classes above.
Note: If any other teachers would like their classes highlighted, let me know.
Teacher of the Year Nominations
Calling all bridge students! Is your bridge teacher the best? Do you wish you could thank them in some way? How about an award? Those are always nice!
This award is given to teachers who make a difference in their bridge community and in the lives of their students. Make sure that your teacher is eligible and show them how much you appreciate the work they put in to teaching you!
All teachers up for the award are nominated by students just like you.
The deadline to nominate is set in early 2014 and the ceremony to present the award will be at the ABTA's annual convention, held in Las Vegas this year.
Lone Star Regional Classes
Both Director's and TAP classes will be offered Saturday - Monday prior to next year's Lone Star Regional.
For a printable flyer with all the details click here.
Event Naming for the Lone Star Regional
Naming an event at the 2014 Lone Star Regional is a great way to honor or remember someone.
The Unit Board just published the procedures and costs for naming an event at the regional. For a flyer with all the details, click here.
- Monday, December 9: Apple DBC will hold a HOLIDAY PARTY at Tracy Gee's. It will be a "Chip-Dip- & Sweet" party, so please bring one of your favorite snacks!
Apple II Duplicate
- Friday, December 13: Apple II DBCwill hold a HOLIDAY PARTY at Tracy Gee's. There will be "Poor Boys & Salad" so bring a chip / dip / or a dessert to complement the festive season.
Bridge Club of Houston
- Daytime Mentor/Mentee game
- Tuesday, December 3
- "8" is Enough Swiss
- Thursday, December 26
- Nighttime Mentor/Mentee Game
- Monday, December 16
- 499’r Tournament
- November 21st thru 24th
- STAC Week
- December 9th thru 15th
- Christmas Parties!
- Friday, December 6th
- Wednesday, December 18
- New Year's Day Bridge
- Pot luck at 11:00 am
- Game at 11:55 am
Clear Lake Bridge Club
- Open Pairs Game every Sunday except one Sunday a month when we will have a Swiss Team Game.
- The Sunday Open Game will be November 3, 10 and 24.
- The Sunday Swiss will be November 17.
- They all start at 1:00.
Houston Bridge Studio
- Studio Chrustnas Party
- Wednesday, December 18 at 10:30
- The Studio will provide ham and turkey.
- Snacks, sides and desserts will be appreciated.
- I/N Christmas Party
- Friday, December 20 at 10:30
- The Studio will provide Pizza!
- Sides, snacks, and desserts will be appreciated!
- Mentor-Mentee Games
- Wednesday morning, December 4 at 10:30
- Thursday evening, November 19 at 7:00
- “8” is Enough Swiss Teams
- Friday evening, November 20 at 7:00
- December 11: Christmas Party. Eat at 5pm and play bridge at 6pm.
Lake Conroe DBC
- December 13: Christmas Party at 10:30am at the April Sound Country Club. Lunch will be served. This is a Life Master celebration for Judy Gibson. If interested in attending, please contact Gerry Earnest at 936-447-6958 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The annual Holiday Party to benefit "Meals on Wheels". will be held on December 4th.
- As much as $850 has been raiised in the past. Let's do better this year. This is a worthy cause.
- NIice lunch, play cards, and make a donation.
Spring Branch DBC
- Thursday, December 19: Holiday Party at SOSA Community Center, 1414 Wirt Road. Come early at 11:30am to help set up and please bring food.