Vincent Albert Toepp, 91, passed away Saturday, July 11. He played mainly at Sosa and had about 760 masterpoints.
His obituary is here.
Roy Paul, who was a member of our unit with 900 masterpoints, passed away on June 20.
His obituary is here.
David Miller, who was one of the nicest bridge players you ever met, passed away on July 23. He was a long time member of our unit, and had about 1,750 masterpoints. He used to do the annual audits of the Unit's books.
The obituary is here.
We had 13 new members join our Unit in June:
Wendy Ball, Ram Bansal, Lee Bodkin, Chris Duncan, Cynthia Heagy, Kathy Keeney, Robert Landauer, Judy Lodin, Bud McEnery, Mary Carol O'Neill, Carolyn Santamaria, Jack Wigginton, and Patti Wigginton.
Welcome to all of you!
A lot of our members advanced a rank in June.
- New Junior Masters (5+mp): Debbie Ballard, Cheryl Benash, Charles Brom, Melba Cornell, and Ede Weiner.
- New Club Masters (20+mp): Mary Aperauch, Jeanette Dean, John Dean, Susan Kelly, Yvonne Overschie, Susan Silvey, Jeannie Stone, Gary Terrell, and Margaret Thompson.
- New Sectional Masters (50+mp): Harriet Brown, Bettina Dusel, George Feng, Annette Griffith, David Hull, Rony Klein, and Jeanie Turner.
- New Regional Masters (100+mp): Shirley Duble, Vicky Dyer-Smith, Clydene Jones, Sandra Lehner,Lynn Millhaney, and Marie O'Neal.
- New Advanced NABC Master (300+mp): B J Renshaw.
- New Life Master (300+mp): Rhonda Bryant.
- New Bronze Life Master (500+mp): Martha Kessler.
- New Silver Life Masters (1000+mp): Garold Adamson, Kyle Lueders, Donna Mann, Sylvia Thomas, and Ann Van Volkenburgh.
- New Diamond Life Master (5000mp): BettyStarzec.
Congratulations to all!
Bridge Club of Houston
- Hot Diggety Dog Labor Day!
- Monday, September 7th
- Meal @ 11:00 am (Free Hot Dogs—Bring Sides)
- Game @ 11:55 am (Open Pairs & 299r Section)
Westside Bridge Academy
- Life Master Party for Jean Moritz and Beverley Linskey!
- Friday, August 7 at 10:30!
- If you have a bright Hawaiian type of shirt or just a bright colored one, please wear it for some summer fun!!
- Her friends will serve a light lunch that day and invite all of you to bring your favorite side dish, appetizer, or some chips and dips to share!