TO ALL MEMBERS OF ACBL UNIT 183
- Voting Procedures
You recently received a mailer that includes voting procedures for the election of Directors that will be held on October 11 at the Unit's sectional tournament. The bylaws concerning voting procedures were revised this year, and the instructions do not correctly reflect the revised bylaws. We apologize for this error. This
notice contains the correct procedures.
Please read the following carefully and all the way to the end, because signature requirements appear at the end.
You have four ways to vote:
(1) By submitting your ballot in person to the Election Committee at the sectional tournament on October 9, 10 or 11.
(2) By hand delivering your ballot in advance to a member of the Election Committee. Every game director is a member of the Election Committee, so you can vote the next time you play.
(3) By placing your ballot in advance in a Unit ballot box. These boxes are located at the Fort Worth Studio, the Arlington Duplicate Bridge Club and the Denton Bridge Studio.
(4) By mailing your ballot to the Fort Worth Studio, 6715 Camp Bowie Boulevard, Fort Worth, TX 76116. Mailed ballots must be received before October 11 to be counted.
Your ballot will be counted only if it meets one of the two following signature requirements.
(1) You can sign your ballot and write your ACBL number on it. If you put it in a sealed envelope only the Election Committee members who actually count the ballots will know who you voted for. You do not have to put it in a sealed envelope.
(2) If you don't want anyone to know who you voted for, do the following:
(a) mark your ballot, but don't sign it or put your number on it;
(b) place your marked ballot into a sealed, blank envelope;
(c) place the blank envelope inside a second sealed envelope, and on the outer envelope sign your name and write your ACBL number.
If you have already voted but did so without meeting the signature requirement, please submit a new ballot that does meet the signature requirement. Ballots that do not meet the signature requirement cannot be counted.
If you have any questions or need a new ballot, you may email Unit Secretary David Pearlman at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave him a voice mail at 817-416-2429. He will get back to you within 24 hours.
October 17 - Eight is Enough
- Reservations Required
By Oct 9
(limited to 36 teams) -
Cost $40 per Team
Lunch at Noon
- Game at 1
Stratified by average of team points
Each team may have no more than a total ranking of 8
Ranking is as follows:
0-500 = 1,
501-1500 = 2,
1500+ = 3
To sign up or for assistance getting
a team together please
Dorothy Moore, 817-431-5129,
Anne Ward Williams, 214-883-0917, email@example.com
UPCOMING AREA TOURNAMENTS
Fort Worth Fall Sectional
October 9-11, 2015 FORT WORTH SOUTH (formerly Best Western Plus)
100 E. Altamesa Blvd, Fort Worth, TX 76134
If you have questions
contact Steve Shirey @ 817-292-4719 or firstname.lastname@example.org
2015 FALL LESSONS SERIES TOPIC: BASIC DECLARER PLAY
Suit and No-trump Contracts: making a plan, counting losers, winners, entries,
TARGET AUDIENCE: Intermediate/Novice
PREREQUISITE: Beginning knowledge of bidding and card play
ACBL CERTIFIED and member ABTA
Dates & Times: October 7, 14, 21, & 28
(Wednesday) 9:30-11:30 am
COST: $60 (or $20 per session)
Full refund after first class if course is inappropriate for student
For more info contact Ellen at 973-262-6422 or
NEW EASYBRIDGE TO START IN JANUARY 2016
WITH LAUREN BROWN
WATCH FOR ANNOUNCEMENT
Four Free Lessons
in Arlington Thursdays, beginning September 10, 2015
6:30 pm until 9 pm Click
here for details